hooligan
    Quote:

Neko wrote:
    @hooligan:

Umm.. I ran MorphOS on my A1200 in 128MB with a 200MHz 603e and a 8MB Permedia2 graphics board.

Tell me somehow that the Efika is underpowered compared to the PowerUP versions of MorphOS (especially with the added bonus of a 128MB graphics card, DDR RAM, 16-bit 48KHz audio, S/PDIF)?

Doesn't really matter if you ran MorphOS on a 4 dollar pocketcalculator, it doesn't make Efika any more suitable for desktop-use.

If I would have wanted to compare it against something, I would have compared it against Pegasos1 or Pegasos2, and my point would still be valid , even against the lowspecced Peg1.

Quote:

If the Pegasos replaced your 256MB 233MHz 604e A4000-PUP monsters, the Efika took the place of your A1200 which could never get that far. We really got you covered for hardware, and brought out hardware for those people who said that the Pegasos (at 500 EUR) was too expensive.

Pegasos didnt actually replace anything in my case, I used to own a quite souped up A1200 which was getting dustlayers before I eventually sold it. I returned to scene by purchasing a Pegasos1, which I later upgraded to Pegasos2. I would never, NEVER go less than Peg1... even if I was given one for free. Doesnt really matter if Efika costs 99 or 9.99 if its not up to tasks needed these days, does it? I happen to know several people who thinks the same so I am not alone on this.

That said, there are probably several very happy Efika-owners. Or actually ... not, as you yourself said the MOS/Efika-sales were very low.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »02.09.09 - 16:08
    Profile Visit Website