guruman
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:

In the end, what really matters is that you offer software that people like so much that they are willing to buy / use it. It is really as simple as that.

When people do not actually like the current product offering enough to justify the expense and need a lot of promises regarding the future to lure them into a purchase, they are most likely best advised to just stay away for the time being and perhaps reevaluate their decision in the future in case they are still interested.

Amen to that! People can try MorphOS on the machines it is available, and if they like it as it is now, they should register, otherwise it would mean MorphOS is not the solution for them right now. Communications right now about any possible log term plan are out of the loop and do not change the way I can use my MorphOS machines right now.
    On the other hand, however, some more inputs about the short term plans would not do much harm, IMHO. Having a better idea about the G4 Mac support for sure is not going to harm sales of Pegasoses or Efikas, nor registrations: I am pretty sure that most of us that were interested in that, had more than enough time to find, set up and register their machines.

And just to be clear: I'd like the team to know that I like and enjoy MorphOS as it is now (2.3), and appreciate their past and present work and efforts. In fact I did not register 2 copies of it for my two machines just to generically "support" them, but because I use said machines, and like doing so.

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »29.08.09 - 13:59