• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Click Products->32-bit Microcontrollers and then from the menu on
    > the left of the new page, click 32-bit Automotive, and see i.MX..
    > every i.MX family.

Thanks, I see now. Didn't notice before. I guess you know what list I mean where only some i.MX processors are targetted at automotive use. Seems to be the kind of usual information inconsistency Freescale are noted for ;-)

> I'm not going to argue with you, you have too strict of a worldview
    > to take in any information. Freescale do not care what you use the
    > processor for, as long as you can use it.

I think you misunderstood my intention. I did *not* talk about what *I* think a certain chip can be used for if one wants to use it that way, but about what use *Freescale* themselves explicitly target that chip at. That's quite a difference, and that's why I countered your claim that *Freescale* would be targetting the i.MX515 at automotive use. Whether it's the case or not is unsure, as there are obviously contradictory information on the Freescale website. Fact however remains that the i.MX515 product page only lists netbooks and nettops as target applications.
    And just to illustrate that you misjudged my intention let me tell you that I would love to see a certain desktop operating system on a certain embedded image processor. Not quite fitting, right? ;-)

> The MPC5xxx exists right now I am sure only to please auto
    > manufacturers who have an already-existing very large codebase.

Which specific actual i.MX processors do you think could substitute the MPC55xx/56xx?
  • »27.08.09 - 17:52