• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Neko wrote:
    Quote:

An ARM port of MorphOS would open up a LOT of markets including Smartphones etc. - you thought running Android on your HTC Dream was a great idea, what about if you could run MorphOS 3.0? :D

Well, I for one would not be interested in replacing my iPhone software with MorphOS on my new 3G-S iPhone. For me MorphOS is a desktop OS and will always be that until it is available on a decent laptop too. I think many MorphOS users are like me and want powerful desktop replacement hardware and mid to high performance notebook and laptop hardware to run our favorite OS on. Of course we would also like it to be energy efficient and a cool looking design with tons of features and ports and support all kinds of industry standard peripherals that can be bought off the shelf easily and cheap.

The iPhone is an amazing device with a great OS and user interface that serves its intended purpose. I doubt replacing or adding MorphOS to any phone, least of all the iPhone, would be very useful unless there were a literal army of programmers creating content and programs that would be useful on a phone device for MorphOS. That is not likely to happen though.

Still, the new ARM based Efika platform is a nice device and I hope it is successful and finds many buyers once AROS is released for it.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »27.08.09 - 03:02