• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Neko
    The iMX515 targets the same automotive markets as the MPC5xxx lines did; and more often than not is cheaper and has better performance (even the i.MX37 does).

It remains to be seen if any MPC5xxx processors will be produced in the future but seeing as the entire division at Freescale was disbanded and now most of the engineers are working on i.MX or at other companies.. and Freescale's PPC product group focusses on network and imaging processors rather than automotive.. the i.MX515 (or any i.MX processor) is your best bet for an automotive design for modern vehicles. Or phones. Or anything, really that isn't a high performance gigabit router or a litho printer.

As for the Efika MX being useless for the Amiga Community - the AROS ARM port was started before the team even had hardware. With successful completion of the Efika 5200B bounty, Michal Schulz is working on fixing up the build and implementing the OS. You will get your Amiga-like OS for sure. Once AROS is ported, there is an agreement in place between AROS and MorphOS which allows some code-sharing (for instance Intuition was based on AROS, although probably does not share the same code anymore) so that will spur on MorphOS development if the developers do choose to take this direction.

An ARM port of MorphOS would open up a LOT of markets including Smartphones etc. - you thought running Android on your HTC Dream was a great idea, what about if you could run MorphOS 3.0? :D

You thought MorphOS for Mac Mini was cool? What about MorphOS for iPhone?

Either way, whether this happens is solely up to the MorphOS developers and NOT Genesi. We may fund some of the effort but they have to agree to it first and in all practicality money is only part of it; you guys have to really want it, first.

[ Edited by Neko on 2009/8/27 0:42 ]
    Matt Sealey, Genesi USA, Inc.
    Developer Relations
    Product Development Analyst
  • »27.08.09 - 00:34
    Profile Visit Website