• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ssolie
    @takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Difficult? Of course not, not for Genesi/bplan. At least not from a technical perspective. The difficulty would come from making a living out of it, from making it worthwhile...

So when did Genesi/bplan start making money (as in a profitable business) anyway? That is a rather lame excuse unless Genesi/bplan actually did make money from these ventures in the first place which I seriously doubt. Chances for 50,000 units came and went. And there is probably a warehouse full of old Efika boards they can't unload.

So with the profitability excuse out of the equation, why wouldn't Genesi/bplan just build one anyway? The ARM business isn't less competitive...

Quote:

On the other hand, judging from "ssolies" recent trolling here about how much MorphOS users really miss "boxes"...

The whole reason MorphOS exists is because of "boxes" but it seemed like some want us to forget about the history of MorphOS and why the box concept was so powerful. There isn't even a mention of Quark on the official MorphOS web site. I brought it up here just like I brought it up many times before on AW.net but for some reason it becomes "trolling" when it is on home turf.

And no, I don't have any super-secret Hyperion insider information and no I am not timing anything so you can forget your wild conspiracy theories you come up with on here and your fav green text site. I just got interested in MorphOS again when there was some chance it may come out for the PPC Mini. Alas, the dev team decided to stick with the Amiga-clone route which is fine but not at all interesting to me since we have AROS for that kind of stuff anyway.
    AmigaOne X1000 + AmigaOne 500 (1.2 GHz) + AmigaOne XE (7455)
    Amiga Users of Calgary (AMUC)
  • »10.06.09 - 04:56
    Profile Visit Website