• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Welcome Nexus from me as well.

@Ruud,

It is always interesting to me to read about people that have both MOS2.2 and AOS4.1 systems and listen to their opinions of using both and comparing the two. It is specially interesting now that AOS4.1 has been ported to the Peg2, so a direct comparison on the same hardware can be made.

From what I have seen from users that do not appear to be unfairly biased toward one or the other OS, both seem to be fairly stable and capable in their current releases. There are certain preferences that people might have for one over the other, but actual performance or feature differences seem to be small, or few, making them fairly equal. Would you agree with this view about the comparison of AOS4.1 and MOS2.2?

I think it will be a mistake if Hyperion and the AOS4.x developers do not revive and complete the Moana project to port AOS4.x to the G4 PPC MacMini so they will be able to keep on the same hardware as MOS3.0. I just don't see any info being discussed about other hardware options for them to port to quickly that will give the same kind of performance to cost ratio as the G4 MacMini. And once MorphOS3.0 is released and shown to be 1.5 to 2.5 (or more) times faster than a SAM, who is going to want to buy AOS4.1 for the SAM anymore when the SAM cost 3 times as much to buy?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »25.04.09 - 00:43