• Just looking around
    nexus
    I'm absolutely new to MophOS and just stumbled upon the possiblity to buy a pegasosII and voila, I'm in the blue land!

Up to now, I cannot say much about MorphOS 2.2 because i just have installed it :-) At least installation went smooth and was very easy! Oh, and the shell is great and, especially, that remote-ssh-shell. It works great with linux machines. On AmigaOS3.x/4.x that's always a pain because the linux terminal emulation doesn't work very well.

Now, I'm looking for software as the plain installation of MorphOS2.2 seems to lack some necessary things, e.g. ftp-client. Surfing the net, i found this forum. So may be you can help me? :-) Which software is a *must* have on MorphOS?

By the way, i tried to find a good ftp client, but without success. NCFTP works fine on linux, but the morphos version behaves weird and recursive downlaods doesn't seem to work at all.

Oh, and another important question. I would like to install debian linux, morphOS and also AmigaOS4.1 next to each other. Can me someone point to the right debian-linux-iso for peg2?

Now, you most likely guessed it right, that I was up to now a "pure" AmigaOS3.x/4.x user, but I was always curious about MorphOS and now, with AOS4.1 for Peg2, I took my chance to put my nose into MorphOS. Hooray!

So for those who thinks, AOS4.1 for PegII was a bad idea, I can show you that's a wrong thought, because, it opens the door for people like me, to enter the MorphOS world :-) So, i would really appreciate MorphOS for Sam440ep as well, because it's really hard to get a Peg2 nowadays :-)

Ah, another important question:

Is there a way to have a proper bootmenu to easily choose between different operating systems (or OS versions)? At the moment I only have MophOS 2.2 installed, but, as I said, I'd like to also install Debian Linux and AmigaOS4.1!

Ok, this pamphlet is already long enough, thus, sorry for it (and for maybe my broken english ;-) ) and thanks in advance for your response :-)

regards,
    nexus

P.S.: Eureka, I'm not red only anymore, but red+blue! (==purple?) :-D
    Dye 'em black!
  • »24.04.09 - 12:31