• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Okay, next question.

What do you all think is a good price for a 1.5GHz G4 PPC MacMini?

I thought that between $250 to $300 would be a good price for the seller and an acceptable price for me, but for that I would hope to get a keyboard, mouse, the original OS & software discs and maybe some extras. If it has the max RAM installed plus the SuperDrive DVD writer and/or an upgraded hard drive I would be willing to pay a little extra.

Do those prices sound about right to any of you?

I have seen some go for over $400 on eBay, but that seems excessive.

I don't like the sellers that advertise that they are leaving a bunch of expensive software and/or upgraded OS on the hard drive, but not including any of the media for it in the sale/auction, but that is just me.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/2/14 18:19 ]

IIRC I paid 262 EUR for the 1.5GHz 1GB combodrive version w/o keyboard or other goodies. Sw included was OS X 10.4 & iLife. The device was in very good condition (I guessed that from teh pictures and description and other indicators, but I didn't knew for sure of course, so I was lucky). During that time I watched many auctions and the 1.5Ghz version reaches quickly the 300 EUR mark. I was wondering that additional goodies like kbd don't have much impact o the price. The superdrive has.
    I think 250 is a really good price for the 1.5 Ghz version. These Minis are not too old and quite useable w/ OS X. Unfortunately the fan is not too silent (I am used to real silent computers, my peg g3 & efika are fanless, my Eee & old PIII laptop spin their fan rarely up).
    Because of Layers3D I think it is worthwile to pay a ittel extra to obtain the 1.5 GHz version. the good thing is, that MorphOS for the Mini is not out yet and there is no pressure to accquire the first offer. Pop in to ebay from time to time and I am sure you will find one w/o much hassle for a good 250.
    And if it is 250 or 300 in the end, well that's not too much of a difference. Everything below 300 I'd say is rather cheap.
    Well, I live in Euroland, but I guess prices in US$ @ ebay U.S. have similar numbers, kind of 1 EUR = 1 US$ (unlike new products in stores where the dollar weakness actually impacts prices).
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »15.02.09 - 13:51
    Profile Visit Website