• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Quote:

Wow, henes, that's pretty strong stuff. You feeling threatened?

well, i have to admit that even before this announcement i was sadly noticing that most dynamics and enthusiasm has been shown from the OS4 camp lately. The release of MorphOS 2.x didn't bring back so much enthusiasm, most interesting things in terms of new software came from morphOS team members of affiliates but independant mos coders seems to keep sleeping (or left?), MOS 2.0 didn't unlock all the software that was announced (burnit, etc) and delayed because of morphos2. There's a bit of disappointment about it, even if i still think MorphOS 2.2 is far beyond OS4.1 in terms of use, pleasure, and technically.

Hyperion is back with quite an agressive "we want to be everywhere" policy, now invading the MorphOS dedicated hardware. And i wouldn't be surprised to see a Mac OS4 port being released shortly before or after the MorphOS mac port. So yes, good reasons to feel "threatened", even if i personally think it's a good opportunity to see how the two OSes behave on the SAME hardware.

Oh and the fastest AmigaOne is now ...a Pegasos.
  • »02.02.09 - 10:20