hooligan
    Quote:

koan wrote:
    Quote:

Theres nothing "cool" in OSX.

Multi touch gestures ?

I know this is old technology but it's new to consumer electronics.

And hows that "cool" for simple homeuser? You have to do better with that. I call and raise, billions of bytes of more software. Now that's something a homeuser will appreciate.

Quote:

Linux is a major OS and available; I would prefer Ubuntu or OpenSUSE any day.

Thats you and your opinion which is not the issue here. An average homeuser surely don't want to see any Linux variant if there's a very well known alternative option at hand. I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to run Linux at home either, I occasionally want to play a game and actually have some fun with the computer too. Same goes for the Mac aswell.

Quote:

XP Pro vs OSX ? Can you say "shell" ? I'm sorry, bash on cygwin cannot compare. Dock vs Start bar ? Single screen vs Spaces ? Oh, and try to switch languages without buying a localised version: in OSX it's one setting.

I can say shell. And I can also say I really REALLY don't want to see commandprompt unless I really REALLY NEED to use it. Usually this applies only when using cryptic and complicated commands, which again, an average homeuser will not know how to use.
    IMO Start-menu is just as good as a taskbar as most people have shortcuts to often used programs anyway. It does its simple job.
    In my 25 years time in computing I have had the need to switch language in an operating system once, so one point goes to you right there :)

I think you're trying to justify things how YOU feel, and not by looking at the bigger picture. Majority don't want what you want.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »01.02.09 - 15:04
    Profile Visit Website