• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    These are all very good comments.

I am definitely concerned about the Freescale end of things. It doesn't appear as if their long term strategy is clearly known at this time but obvious ARM development on their part makes at least that part of their strategy certain. It is difficult to deny ARM's many advantages. It is fully understood why Genesi is also looking in that direction. It makes good business sense.

The Freescale 8610 does show obvious promise due to its variety of integrated items. We are starting to see initial dev systems built around the 8610. Perhaps a future consumer system utilizing this processor will be released by someone and be Morphable. I am glad Genesi showing some interest in this one. Despite the ARM craze, I would expect Freecell to support devices like the 8610 for a long while yet. It's new, decent, and not everyone will want to dump PPC in hurry just to start completely over on a very different platform.

So my real question is where do all of these changes leave Morph? Mac porting will definitely keep it alive for extended periods of time. Morph gaining momentum in my opinion (at least in its development). Sure there is stuff to work out yet but the major foundation aspects of it are in place. It is a fresh approach that runs efficiently on non-complicated hardware. A better approach than expensive multicore cpu systems that get so hot that the next step in trying to cool them will most likely involve liquid nitrogen. These are a few reasons I inquire about future hardware aspects as they relate to Morph.

Thanks everyone for the comments!
  • »25.01.09 - 04:45