Would you help please?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    6 days left; keep voting! :)

Ten for the Cow!
    http://contestedart.com/moo/

Remember: when I win I'll release something. Promise! Even if it might be still slightly beta or something (it's not a port, not written in E and actually could be considered useful). If I don't win I just release when I think it's done - this could be next year, 2015 or never. I usually keep 95% finished stuff rotting on my HDD for years. The chance that I break my neck while biking is higher than me finalizing a software release. :P

So voting for the cow is in your interest, I guess.. if you are interested in new MorphOS software, that is. :P

regards,
    tokai

(It's just me trying out new and funny release strategies for my projects again; next time a bounty maybe. I'm open for suggestions. ;)
  • »23.09.09 - 22:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

tokai wrote:

6 days left; keep voting!

I've just put vote number 201 into there. This is my second vote from this one computer at the office. In order to be able to vote twice, I've had to change the way this computer reaches the internet, disabling the office's proxy, and going through a different, not documented default gateway.

Quote:

Remember: when I win I'll release something. Promise!

Do my efforts give merits for you to release that "something"?

Quote:

Even if it might be still slightly beta or something

Beta = fun

Quote:

it's not a port, not written in E and actually could be considered useful

I know what it is: A full Office suite for MorphOS. Or perhaps an icon editor. Or tic-tac-toe game... 8^D

Quote:

If I don't win I just release when I think it's done

Leaving the "it's done" decision to a programmer is VERY dangerous. Programmers never finish their work!

Quote:

The chance that I break my neck while biking is higher than me finalizing a software release.

Hey, Christian, that almost sounded as if you actually were looking after breaking your neck! Eeeeek!!

Quote:

if you are interested in new MorphOS software, that is.

Go figure, if people still have interest in this almost invisible operating system: Two hundred votes and counting. Is this way of user extortion going to spread among MorphOS developers? 8^D
  • »24.09.09 - 09:24
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Quote:

Leaving the "it's done" decision to a programmer is VERY dangerous. Programmers never finish their work!

That's my point. While 'finalizing' the software some days ago; its to-do-list actually grow in size. ;-)
  • »24.09.09 - 11:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

tokai wrote:

While 'finalizing' the software some days ago; its to-do-list actually grow in size.

Have you ever though about punishing yourself with setting deadlines?

Self punishment... Mmmm...

Can this thread grow any weirder? :-D
  • »24.09.09 - 11:42
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Oih.. seems the contest was (for me unexpectedly) closed early, earlier today - and I already won. :-)

That's the good thing; the bad thing is that it confuses my planned schedule for this weekend. So you will still have to wait a bit. :-P

Anyway..
    Thanks a lot to everyone who voted! :-)

regards,
    tokai
  • »26.09.09 - 10:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • ZB
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    ZB
    Congratulations !

:pint:
    ---
    Morphing the Phoenix...
  • »26.09.09 - 11:17
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    Yay! Congrats to you and your cow!! :bloons:
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »26.09.09 - 11:49
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    Congratulations !!!
  • »28.09.09 - 03:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Congratulations to US! ;-)
  • »28.09.09 - 08:41
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Moo!

(Only for the people here in this thread and my twitter followers who voted for me! :-) )

regards,
    tokai

Ah yes, that's 3 links! Do you see them? :)

P.S.: I'm open for other ideas to force my releases. Suggestions to me please. Bounty? Shareware? Commercial release? 1000 Twitter Followers? Whatever... looking for interesting and fun ideas and challenges (for you and me). :-D
  • »29.09.09 - 00:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    maurensen
    Yes I can see the links ;-)

Thanx Tokai, your software is always useful and fun to discover :-)

Keep on moo...ving!
    Aloha
    -------------------
  • »29.09.09 - 11:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    saw it but not interested in it.

nice effort though, thanks for/from the community !
  • »30.09.09 - 12:49
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    What would you be interested in? Maybe worth a new challenge. (Please do not ask for ports; think more in directions of small utilities or tools which can be written on a weekend. ;) )
  • »30.09.09 - 17:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Daff
    A nice project (more than one week of work) : a MorphOS native Twitter client.

Another nice, smaller (and useful for me) project : a tool which allow user to add/edit menus, like ToolsDaemon on AmigaOS.
    Obligement - L'Amiga au maximum
    http://obligement.free.fr
  • »30.09.09 - 17:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @daff
    You can use toolsdaemon editor and pass the resulting config file to ambient. :)
  • »30.09.09 - 19:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    @daff:

Actually I started a Twitter client some time ago; but currently lost a bit interest in it. Takes too much time to make it properly and there is no real need for it. (twitter works fine from browser).

And the other thing Fab pointed out the solution already. It's also something I'm personally not interested in actually. Don't like this ToolsDaemon concept messing up Ambient's menus. :) I rather see some general preferences to edit Ambient menu and context menu layout (similar like Scalos or IBrowse have it). Which then also would allow people to add custom menus like they want and mess up their system with it. ;-)
  • »30.09.09 - 19:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    ...FrankBrana is praying on his knees, in front of the tokai?s sculpture, 1:1 scale, that Frank have at his room..

Standing in front of the millon candles that surrounds the sculpture, if you are silent, you can hear Frank praying for a proper ambient/context menu integrated in the system...

The same goes for Geit?s great meridian tool, which would be even better if it were integrated in system prefs.
  • »30.09.09 - 22:24
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > What would you be interested in?

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6413&forum=9#64876
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6454&forum=12#65350
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6454&forum=12#65424

That would be what I'm interested in, actually :-)
  • »01.10.09 - 01:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    @Andreas Wolf

Okay, I answered that a few times on IRC already.

I don't have interest in this (currently) for a few reasons:

1st - Preferably, screen titlebar plugins should be small and compact (in a perfect world: almost square) from their space requirement. Gauges don't fit that naturally. Also I think they look quite ugly. So far I did not see a single screenshot with some of the available Gauges enabled which looked good in any way. :-)

2nd - Disk stats sounds interesting; but it's currently only possible with patches (as far as I'm informed). I don't like such hacks. Especially not in screen titlebar plugins. It's a quite sensible area of the system anyway - IMHO, it would be insane to mess with patches there. I like a stable system w/o serious crash risk potential.

3rd - Showing free graphics memory is not possible. Maybe some day it will be possible; then you can consider such screen titlebar plugin 'done' already.

Ok, next? :)
  • »01.10.09 - 01:45
    Profile Visit Website