efika like sbc on pci card... possible market?
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    I was wondering considering the small size of an efika, whether such a card capable of running morphos could be made in a pci card form factor. Given that most PCs these days have plenty of free PCI slots given almost everything is onboard, perhaps a system such as efika on a pci card would make sense to share power/case etc with a pc - probably such a card wouldn't need to use the pci for any more than mounting and power supply, and obviously could run not installed in a pc if desired... then perhaps a second card could be used as a switcher between a pci-efika and pc keyboard/mouse/monitor... what do you think of that idea? (I'm just dreaming of that Mike Tinker 060 Amiga on a card that he was playing with those many years ago)
  • »13.11.07 - 09:58
  • Just looking around
    HydroUK
    Well as far as the PCI card you said was a dream of someones it was made a reality some time ago in the form of the Siamese PCI Card

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/inside.html

As far a PCI solution for pc i doubt they would look to do that considering its a stand alone machine and it would kinda go against its purpose to be sat inside some windows box.
  • »13.11.07 - 17:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    I actually have one of the siamese pci cards - it is however nothing more than the keyboard/mouse/video switcher. ideally we'd need a computer on a PCI card so we don't need an extra box on the desk.
  • »14.11.07 - 02:16
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tronman
    Heh, you want a SharkPPC card ;-) If only Elbox would grasp this concept, they could have a 'real' Shark card already working with a not impossible amount of hacking. Hey, it'd be a lot more powerful than a CyberstormPPC card..
  • »14.11.07 - 02:51
    Profile Visit Website