• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChatDEau
    Quote:

Having some questions about Pegasos II myself too, I don't think Pegasos III will be G3 / G4 combatible at all, just like Pegasos II won't be G5 combatible either.

You see G3 / G4 are on the same generation while G5 (PPC 970) is totally different technology. So IMO there will be: Pegasos II for G3 / G4 and Pegasos III for G5.

I am going for a Pegasos II with the coolest CPU available as soon as possible

I think this is just all exciting!

First I thought I'd swap my Pegasos I April 1 to get the April 2 fix, then I saw that everything was pretty much stable for my needs.

Then I heard about that G4 card and Pegasos II so I said to myself "Hey, why would I buy the G4 card if I can wait only few months for Pegasos II?".

Now I see this news about Pegasos III! Geez!

I just got a new job (more cash coming in!) so I think I'll keep my Pegasos I, buy a Pegasos II G4 and also Pegasos III when it gets out.

Maybe BBRV is a bit too enthousiastic! Wouldn't have been better to wait for the Pegasos II to announce Pegasos III? Doesn't it prevent Pegasos II to be sold to more people? I don't know about this ... is it a marketing strategy or something?

Just hope it works ;)
  • »21.07.03 - 00:58
    Profile Visit Website