• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @ dolen

Quote:

dolen wrote:
    Ill wait and see what the OSW will cost. Genesi blogged about it yesterday saying they ended 05 with their first order (I guess for assembling) of the cards.
    The pegasos is a bit old by now for its prize.

You realise that the "Open Server Workstation" will be a dual CPU, dual core G5 (64-bit) system? I don't see how an Amiga-like OS would make sense on such a machine (if it will run at all).

The Pegasos have everything you would normally need, and can easily be upgraded with PCI-cards. And if you think the Pegasos is expensive, wait until you see the price tag of the OSW. I would expect an initial price that is at least double the ODW's.

It will be great for Linux though, and open solaris and others ...

Quote:

And if I choose that option with morphOS I also prefers to pay a descent amount for upgrades keeping the development up, rather than having MOS free and not regularly updated.

I think we should stop pretending that our little community is a *market* that will be able to sustainably carry the development of an OS. The money needs to come from the outside, and providing updates and tools for free to the developers in this community only increases the chance of that happening IMHO.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »10.01.06 - 09:21