• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    Heh, can't resist to reply.

I'm a dedicated Amiga user since 1989 and I loved it since. Went from 1.3 all the way to 3.1....and that was a 2nd hand a1200 with extra bits; used that one as my main computer for eight years (hey, I had no money, it worked and I had OSS/DBPro ;). While the years past, I tried to stay in touch with Amiga news, but only read the official channels. When the news arrived about the Amiga One and OS4, I was delighted but knew I wouldn't have the money for any new system. When I had did have some money to spare, I wanted a Delphina Lite. Went to the store...only to be told that they where out of stock, maybe forever. Being the only amiga store in the country, I took the time to look around if there was anything that I could use. There was this demo pc, but it seemed to run Amiga OS. The shop owner gave me a quick demonstration, and I was flabbergasted. Was this an Amiga One with OS4 (though I knew that wasn't released yet)? No, it was a Pegasos with MorphOS. I had some vague recollection about that, but whoah, this? While I was drooling in front of the computer, the shop owner told me about the Pegasos1-Pegasos2 trade-in and that he was selling the returned Pegasos1's. Before I knew it, I left the shop with a second hand Pegasos1 (with an April2 fix, mind you ;), MorphOS and the Superbundle...for just 30 euro's more than I would have spend on a Delphine Lite!

In the months that followed my A1200 became practically obsolete, and I learned about the "blue" history. It's amazing that I never gave it much attention, yet I have the feeling this still goes for a lot of classic users. For me, MorphOS is AmigaOS, and more; just a shame that people with an interest for an AmigaNG OS are cought in a silly platform war that never should have been in the first place and is making it difficult to learn the truths about the current situation and possible futures for both sides.
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »07.01.06 - 13:03