• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    ikir
    @Stevo

OS4 is not chained to A1, it will be released this year. AmigaOne is already perfectly usable with OS4.

Quote:

And who knows, maybe OS4 will eventually find another more viable platform to run on.

It seems to run on other two new hardware platform plus old classic. Anyway we need a big box computer like Peg2.

@Zylesea
    - faulty Articia

Oh no not again. The problem with Xe is via686b not Articia. Articia is not bugged at all, the only bad thing (and yes, it is an important one) is taht it lacks cache coerency. For OS4 it isn't an issue but for Linux yes, bacause you need to write a specific kernel..... this is not good if Alan want to sell the board, i agree.

@ironfist
    Quote:

I do not think there will be much interest from the industrial market for such way expensive board

Probably we had MicroA1 after someone buy a bigger number of boards, i'm quite sure. Anyway Alan doesn't know how to do marketing and find partners.

At least despite all the trolling, my XE is incredible fast and cool with OS4 and this is what is important imho.

I really hope to see ACK boards now... since the XC is far from become reality now.

[ Edited by ikir on 2005/6/6 14:20 ]
    ikir @ www.iksnet.it
  • »06.06.05 - 14:16
    Profile Visit Website