• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Bodie_CI5
    @deb

Although, by no means will I ever get into an argument about A1's etc on this site (have hardly ever on aw for that matter), I took Question 6 to mean something else:

Quote:

6: Chunder: Are the previously planned versions of the AmigaOne (e.g. µA1-I, A1-XC, etc.) still going to happen? Have the specifications changed; have the boards been prototyped fully yet? Is there a scheduled production run yet (not necessarily the date, just a
    yes/no)?

No new board designs will be made (by us at any rate) specifically for the 'Amiga Enthusiast' market. It just simply is not viable given the tiny potential sales.

Both the µA1-I and A1-XC have been designed and the µA1-I has been prototyped. The final specification for both boards (and other designs/variations) will inevitably be modified before they go into production, if and when this happens. Boards will only go into production when we have volume orders for them from industry.

I think what he states there is that no new board will be specifically designed designed for the so-called "Amiga Enthusiast" market, ie. you and I.

My take is that if he's able to sell more sizeable numbers of boards (whatever they may be) to industrial clients, then we'll see such developed boards taken from the industrial market and sent to the consumer market.

Dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I read into it. :-)
    An ode to Wayne Miller:

"Oooooh yeahh!"
  • »06.06.05 - 13:18