• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Vincent_X
    Actually cdfr, it wouldn't destroy AROS, it wouldn't destroy OS4, nor would it destroy MorphOS. AROS is a reimplementation - they don't have source access so they aren't illegal. MorphOS, uses AROS code for their implementation of the AmigaOS API so they too are also legal. Then there is OS4, who owns the rights to the Amiga source, so obviously they are still legal.

I don't have OS3.9 so I don't know what the EULA states for its use. Nor have I used Amithlon or any AmigaOS post 3.0, so I can't comment on those. However, I don't understand how eliminating these if they are in fact illegal kills off the Amiga. There is still OS 3.0, and OS 4 when its released, MorphOS, and AROS, which are still being developed and supported. That sounds far from dead. Additionally your argument that just because there is precedent of ignoring the legally of distrobution of software post-Commadore doesn't make it right.

Now if you'd like to you can crusade against those you've mentioned, obviously I'm not familiar enough with them to do a good job. For instance I don't know if any of those projects could be legal under software abandoment clauses. So I'll stick to defending what I'm familiar with - being the "Apple-Legality Forum Bitch", instead of the "General Forum Bitch".
  • »21.06.03 - 05:19