• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    James
    Just to throw my four cents in... :-D

I use both Apple's Mac OS X (10.3.5) and Windows XP Professional, because I see benefits in both platforms. Lately though, I have become so sick and tired of the bloated cost of supporting a Windows or Macintosh computer.

My A500 and CDTV, from long ago, did not cost me much to use on a daily basis. I actually enjoyed using them, something I am no longer feeling using Mac OS X or Windows XP. There comes a time when enough is enough. This is why I recently purchased two brand new A500s and two brand new A1200s (very cheap) - time for some retro computing. :-D

Now, enter the Pegasos II running MorphOS...

In this relatively new platform, I see the excitement and fun again in computing. This is why I have decided to eventually switch entirely over to the MorphOS/Pegasos platform. Whenever I can afford a new Pegasos II G4 motherboard, I will start the process of moving over to accomplish this. I want to learn everything about the OS quickly, so I can begin some programming.

Also, I really like this community, here at MorphZone. Many of you are quite helpful, and I hope in the future I can contribute a lot here. The main thing I like here is that everyone generally respects each other, something you don't normally find in many forums (I won't name any names). ;-) This is good for people new to the MorphOS/Pegasos platform, as it will build a very strong community in the long run - this is needed very much as Genesi gets closer to going mass market, whenever that may occur.

All of this kind of reminds me of when the Amiga first came out... Hardly any software, hardware, etc. People took the plunge into the Amiga platform and made it incredibly awesome, no thanks to Commodore. The same can be done for Genesi's MorphOS/Pegasos platform. People have to start thinking about actual applications and games, instead of how many emulations we can add to MorphOS. There are a few commercial apps and games that run under MorphOS now, and that is a great start. I am going to buy all of them when I can, to support the developers that do bring out MorphOS-complied apps/games. :-) I think this new platform is going to become very popular - just a "gut" instinct.

Back to my studying... :-)
  • »08.10.04 - 00:34