• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Hello,

I was talking with Targhan today if there is an interest to create an own new centralized Webpage for MorphOS Applications (Demos, Tools, Games, etc.).

The idea for this came because I got a bit confused about all the different places where people announce their new Stuff for MorphOS. Everything is spread on all types of locations, no central point where you can simply nail in the URL and see in an overview what new Stuff has arrived and how they look like.

Even if someone wants to port other Programs to MorphOS most simply do not know whether the stuff has been ported already or not because it's spread on various places. Sometimes people even duplicate the work which is not necessary.

We urgently need a centralized place where we can do such announcements, vote for the applications itself, where we can see some screenshots or write comments to the authors.

I know some MorphOS related pages already started to collect information about new releases but imo the way they are doing it is not satisfying. Providing a link to the archive to download is most likely not something you can win new people with either.

To promote MorphOS more in the public we need to tell the people 'hey look here, we have these nice looking applications'. And people want to come and the first thing they want is to see screenshots.

I also like to be able to click on a link and visit the Homepage of the author rather than having this direct download link so we can see what he does and if he made changes to the locations of the files or re-organized his page etc.

I would like to know how the interests are for such a thing. I have also something in mind that may come close to this.

KDE-Apps
    KDE-Look

Please go there and have a look yourself. The software is ordered nicely, presented nicely, you can vote for the application and you have nice screenshots. And the best - the page is dead simply to use.
  • »19.03.04 - 23:50
    Profile Visit Website