• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    Quote:

A computer is a tool for me, just like a car or a bike.

Thats no way to treat a car or bike! See my bikes and cars and motorcycles aren't tools. They are, and more so than my computers, extensions of me. My car is a 1964 Dodge polara that pulls .92g on a skid pad. Yea.. a 3800lb car that sticks to the road like its glued there. Also runs the quarter mile in 12 seconds flat. I guess i consider what i do not only fun, but only fun if its done right, i get anoyed when i have to cludge things, and i'm annoyed when people cludge things. Doubly true when i see poeople half ass something just becuase doing it right cost $3 more! REALLY REALLY true when i see people blow money on a cludge when a better solution would have been next to free! I run 12 second quarter miles in that dodge.. and its 90% junkyard parts (car included, she was pulled from a salvage yard herself).

Quote:

count me into this camp. etc..

well its not like all of its crap. Just 80% of it. And its crap becuase half those people don't actually use what they code. They want to be selfimportant so they code something just becuase otherpeople might use it... it'll end up #### everytime too. No what you gotta do is code something foryourself, and if it works for other people.. well , good. PERL is a good example of that too.
    -Polyhead-
  • »24.03.04 - 19:27
    Profile Visit Website