• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    Quote:

Sure, 10 years later. Let's see if the Pegasos can live up to that.

well it was closer to 5 for most people, after that they started leaking. ACtually allot of them quit working after 3 years, then started leaking a few years later.. really it was a bad idea to EVER put a rechargable batter and assosiated circitry on a motherboard... but what ever. I guess it made sence then.. clock chips probably used way more power than they do now.

I dunno.. The peg, eh, it'll do just like every other peice of hardware does these days, blow the capacitors up in 2-5 years time. It will probably live longer than x86 hardware for no other reason than there is less power running through there, and looks like a 3 phase regulator design, which for only a 17watt load is big time overkill. But 10years.. I wouldn't put money on it thats for sure. FAct is.. and maybe i should have pointed it out sooner.. its all #### IMO. Every last peice of hardware out there has something stupid about it.

I'm just sick of people making the amiga out to be something it NEVER was. They wern't perfect, and Dave haynie is a drunk, we all know what beer farts smell like so don't even bother going there either. Personally the amazing part of the amiga was that they worked at all. I mean really.. it was bleading edge technology, and bottom barrel assembly. I don't care what it is.. you get what you pay for.. the amiga was cheap, and it was cheap for a reason. It was cheap and had better performance, allot better, but it was built like ####. In the corporate world they call it cost effective, or effecient.. I call using zip sockets and 120ns memory, soldered on clock batteries, and cludgy hacks. Look at the flicker fixer switch on an A3000 for ####s sake, the switch hasn't got a single bit of strain releive, the only thing between it and some moron ripping it off the board is .. well.. 3 1/8th inch 12 carat gold pins (yea their gold for real, check them dudes out!... too bad the switch is chinease crap.. never got that either) and some solder on a fairly sturdy motherboard (if only becuase it was ####ing huge.). All it takes is catching it on something during transport and there goes your board.

I GUESS if you compare it dollar wise your doing better. what did a 3000 cost, 2 grand or so?.. the case work was definatly garbage, the board is debatable, and the OS had its fare share of glaring errors too. (better than anything else in 1990.. but that doesn't make it not suck) .. now for $400 or so you can get something thats no worse off than what you get in the pc world in the same world (maybe even a little bit better, its got nice connectors.. wish my ####ing pc boards had ejection connects! I'm sick of ripping my #### knuckles open on this crap!.. goes for case manufactururs too.. teach your child labor how to use a file you ####s! Better yet, get some dynafiles, those things rock! http://www.dynatoolsales.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=dtools&Category_Code=dynafile check that #### out!! no ####, you can grind through 1/2" of cast iron with it in a few seconds!) ..

anyway.. I dunno no matter what you get your screwed really.. thats life.. so just get a toy that looks pretty.. its what all the mac people do. Becuase , IMO.. when you get right down to it, none of this crap is worth trading labor for.

wonder how many emails targhan gets over the child labor bit....
    -Polyhead-
  • »24.03.04 - 09:40
    Profile Visit Website