Iris&Gmail problems with my e-mail accounts
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Hi!

Iris seems to need to reconfigure my 5 email accounts because now it seems since some weeks ago they do not work.I tried to enter some of my accounts several weeks ago with Wayfarer after starting Iris and Gmail and it seemed to not accept one of my passwords.Same today when I tried to enter my password it doesn't make me go further or accept it.

What can I do now? Any ideas?

It's very important because I want to search for a job and pay for a PCI Ethernet card to update Linux/Fienix and buy some of my favorite music CDs too as well.And to pay my Amiga 1200 on AmigaKit and fix my ACA 500 too for the Amiga 500.And maybe if I go to Leon province in the future,to pay for the fix of my HD burned AmigaOne..And buy a new graphics card for my AmigaOne X5000 specially to play MAME and emulators on MorphOS

Thanks really!

[ Edited by bearerofthetorch 11.09.2024 - 19:21 ]
  • »11.09.24 - 19:14
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    You might want to log out of google in wayfarer - make sure to log out of all accounts. If that does not help, re-add the account in Iris.

Also, since you'd be adding more than 1 google account if I understand this right, you need to make sure that you are logging into the right account for a given mail address. I'll try to make this a little better in the next release.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 11.09.2024 - 21:13 ]
  • »11.09.24 - 20:05
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    You might want to log out of google in wayfarer - make sure to log out of all accounts. If that does not help, re-add the account in Iris.

Also, since you'd be adding more than 1 google account if I understand this right, you need to make sure that you are logging into the right account for a given mail address. I'll try to make this a little better in the next release.

No man...I musn't be logged in Google in Wayfarer,so how can you say I can be logged out? And I remind you I actually have 5 recently working accounts

Sorry I don't understand this last step at all.Explain me better if you can.

[ Edited by bearerofthetorch 12.09.2024 - 17:57 ]
  • »12.09.24 - 17:54
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Open Wayfarer, go to google.com and SIGN OUT. If you have multiple accounts signed in, SIGN OUT OF ALL OF THEM.

Now run Iris and sign-in normally.

If this does not help, REMOVE all accounts configured in Iris - or install it somewhere else and start from scratch. Add the accounts again.
  • »12.09.24 - 18:04
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Open Wayfarer, go to google.com and SIGN OUT. If you have multiple accounts signed in, SIGN OUT OF ALL OF THEM.

If this does not help, REMOVE all accounts configured in Iris - or install it somewhere else and start from scratch. Add the accounts again.

I went to www.google.com with my already opened Wayfarer but I musn't SIGN OUT.Neither one account or all,I didn't see the option to SIGN OUT

About your second phrase,maybe I will try to add all accounts again. on Iris
  • »12.09.24 - 19:39
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:

OK.I managed to add 3 of my 5 gmail accounts.The last 2 it doesn't allow me to reach the point or simply does not send to my account the requiered code.

What can I do now?
  • »12.09.24 - 22:03
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I also have 5 gmail accounts, and I had to do them one by one, because it failed if I tried to re-authenticate them in the same session. For me it was enough to reboot the machine, re-authenticate next one, reboot again, etc. until all were done.

[ Edited by jPV 13.09.2024 - 08:53 ]
  • »13.09.24 - 06:51
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    I also have 5 gmail accounts, and I had to do them one by one, because it failed if I tried to re-authenticate them in the same session. For me it was enough to reboot the machine, re-authenticate next one, reboot again, etc. until all were done.

OK I have 2 spare ones to add.As Gmail on Wayfarer doesn't seem to give me a good option to send a code or when I try with one of my Gmail accounts it the code seems to not be sent...

What can I do now? How can I add my 2 spare accounts?
  • »13.09.24 - 16:49
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Try clearing cookies from Wayfarer? I just remember that I don't store cookies myself on hd, so reboot clears them on my side.

Rename your Wayfarer/Cache/cookie.jar.db out of use and try then? Or maybe rename the whole cache dir temporarily to something else and kind of have a clean Wayfarer setup.
  • »13.09.24 - 16:59
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    I renamed the Wayfarer Cookie file and at first it gave me problems of error and the likes.Now Wayfarer created one new Cookie file and I am as yesterday,unable to recover my 2 e-mail accounts.

Why?
  • »13.09.24 - 18:24