• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    sailor
    @geit

I agree that from system point of view is MorphOS much much better designed.
    But AmigaOS world has more apps, more new games, more modern drivers: besides gfx it is NVME, HD audio.
    For another example ( sorry to repeat it again ) our PCI sata.device has only UDMA5 with no S.M.A.R.T, USB has no functional CDDA, ATAPI over USB...

Not to say the AmigaOS community is larger. I have no exact numbers, just comparing life on morph.zone and amigans.net. And MorphOS, even if system developers are great guys, has no person like Trevor... Visions and enthusiasm for public, producing new things...

I like MorphOS, I am using it from beginning of Pegasos 2. Long years it was mine main working / production system. And my last purchase Sam460LE very probably ends with MorphOS like main system. But fact is, that today I spent more time with AmigaOS...

P.S.: and I know, all this stays in category of fantasy. Not due to this practical reasons. But due to political and legal reasons.

[ Edited by sailor 21.03.2024 - 08:00 ]
    AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
    AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOneX1000
    MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook G4, Mac Mini, iMac G5, Powermac G5 Quad
  • »21.03.24 - 07:56