• Just looking around
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    @wotanica

So your "best" picks for ARM is something on the same level as a 13 year old Intel CPU and something that hasn't even been announced (and will most likely neither be "open" nor geared at desktop).

Lets say x86 dies in 30 years and stays useable for another 10.... well most of won't care that much.

Really, thats what you got out of that?
    Me pointing out what is consumer available atm, you managed to think that was the be all?

I forgot for a second why the amiga is in a ditch, but thanks for vividly demonstrating it.

I have created two companies from scratch and have 33 years of software development behind me. Nobody invests 3-5 years of work into a product for a platform, unless there is a long term plan behind the OS they target.

Most people on this forum dont seem to be developers, hence i tried to explain things in a way that would make sense to everyone. Its not a competition about being right, which seem to be a plauge that has infested online dialog the past 20 years. I look for solutions, what can be done. Just listing reasons against is not an argument, nor is knitpicking on "oh its m1 not the m2" when the point is that the same tech will be commercially available.

We can do better than this

[ Edited by wotanica 15.03.2024 - 17:13 ]
  • »15.03.24 - 17:59
    Profile Visit Website