• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Hey TJ,

Great video you just posted!

Yes, I just dragged my files off my NAS to a local drive and it gave the speeds I posted below.

I am still interested in seeing, how well the X5000 plays video. I didn't realize they baked an API in the cake, I do wonder how close they will be?

As far as Wayfarer, you are way off speeds right now that I'm seeing. I can't believe it's just the G5 at this point, so here is what I might suggest:
    1. Install the latest wayfarer and it will auto update whenever a new release comes out. Jacek really has all that stuff dialed in. I would bet version 7.2 is faster than the 6.x with a base 3.18 install.
    2. Change the in memory cache to 'balanced' under settings in wayfarer and also crank up the memory for it.
    3. Turn on Caching, especially since your using spinny disks. That is done under System with the super dude icon.
    4. Try different settings in wayfarer to spoof as other browsers.
    5. Jacek posted that using a proxy definitely improves performance. I haven't done this yet, however.
    6. You may even want to increase buffers on the partition, not sure if that will gain much though...

Again, my setup is MUCH faster than what you are showing thus far. So you have speed to find at this point, keep looking. Youtube comes right up pretty much and I can click and play videos with no issues.

This system is using an X1900 PCIe card with a single processor-dual core 2.5Ghz G5 and a video editing SSD.

I use a daskeyboard with the roller wheel for volume and it works perfectly for me and accesses the Mac early bios, so perhaps that might work better for you. The keys are brown and feel nice. I also use a Lift vertical mouse with the wifi doggle plugged into the keyboard and it also works well. I use zvnc to switch keyboard to my PC that is also hooked up to both screens. You need to add another screen to add to the fun!

As far as your network, you might want to try a pcie card as suggested, that is what I'm using in this box.

Good luck, enjoy watching your journey.

Quote:

amigasociety wrote:
    I am only connected via the X5Ks motherboard ethernet port so that is what mine is on.

I do own a small pci ethernet card that I pulled the day the on-board port driver was in place but could switch to a nic if I had to.

Just googled it, the X5K ethernet supposed to be 1x Gigabit Ethernet

When I did my copy from Nas to my MOS hdd, I did it by dragging and dropping from NAS window to MOS hdd window I had opened.

Are there different speeds that drag and drop produce via network copy? Maybe that is why mine was so slow?

TJ

Quote:

zukow wrote:
    Regarding NAS. I don't remember if MorphOS supports internal X5000 lan port but using Realtek 1GB Pcie card it copies ~20MB/s using SMB2 on PowerMac G5 PCIe, so it should be the same in X5000.

[ Edited by matt3 13.01.2024 - 19:24 ]
  • »14.01.24 - 01:08