• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Quote:

amigasociety wrote:
    Lions & Tigers & Bears... Oh My!

I mean...

AmigaOne X5K & MorphOS & Dual Boot... Oh My!

This is stage 1 of my efforts to make my AmigaOne X5K boot both the Amiga OS 4.1 and MorphOS 3.18.

This is the 1st video about my plans, my system, some peaks inside, and 1st boot (from MorphOS Installer USB Stick) after installing a 2nd Video Card in my X5000.

Long video but hope some find it fun!

https://youtu.be/ZpwUkdsYGpU

I would most likely reference the kids story with the rabbit hole and not the animals, as I bet in under a year you find room on your desk and buy a PowerMac 2.5 PCIe or 2.7 PCIX :)

That is my prediction anyways!

Don't forget to connect a second display to the other display port on the X1950, dual monitor is very good with MorphOS these days. Try out Iris, Pagestream, and PolyOrganizer as well, since you mentioned trying some productive tasks with it. They are a great app set. More than a few MorphOS users use it as their daily driver and can do work with it.

Since you haven't used in 8 versions or so, a lot has gotten better. So check out the native apps, they work very well. You will need to upgrade both wayfarer and iris to the latest versions and they will begin to auto update afterwards.

Nice video apu, always enjoy watching your content.
  • »13.01.24 - 15:33