• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Hi Skygecko,

Quote:

Skygecko wrote:
    Hello,

earlier this year I received my Sam460LE board and tried to install MorphOS 3.17 without success.

The Sam460LE isn't officially supported by MorphOS because no one on the MorphOS development team has such a motherboard. But as you note in a later reply, the Sam460LE should be sufficiently close to the Sam460EX that it should work anyway. With that in mind, I'll be happy to try to help getting MorphOS running on your system.

Quote:

I just got a white screen and this message from the serial terminal:

MorphOS boot loader version 1.10
    Booting from HDIMG0
    Trying to load "bootsam_ppc4x0.img" from "HDIMG0:"...
    Loaded "bootsam_ppc4x0.img" from "HDIMG0:", booting...

So Uboot recognizes MorphOS on the boot media and tries to execute it, but it looks as if the installer either stops right after "booting..." or it just isn't displaying via my GPU. I have a X1950 XT which is supported by MorphOS. I tried both DVI ports but all I get is a white screen after the ACube logo vanishes.

Emphasis in the quoted text is mine.

The white screen you're referring to, is that the one with the text output from the MorphOS boot loader, or do you reach a different white screen afterwards?

Quote:

I tried to boot from CD and from different SD cards, where I installed the hdimg file with different tools (dd, etcher, ...).

If you got to the bootloader - which you did - then the image was almost certainly written correctly to the SD card. When booting from CD, did you hear anything sounds from the optical drives indicating that it was loading files from the CD after the bootloader had run?

And since it looks like you've got a serial cable and can capture a debug log, could you please capture and upload a complete log somewhere, or alternatively email it to me (see my signature for the address)?
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »21.06.23 - 12:52
    Profile Visit Website