• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote: Great ... and it loads OK
    Quote:

Kronos wrote: Added a PrefsApp (needs to be in the same directory) which is mostly working (rest is disabled).
    Tested some of the options available on 1st page, and they seem to do what they should, so that's also good news.;-)
    Quote:

Kronos wrote: It can (and should only be) started from the panel's context-menu and will take a short moment to load.
    Well the Prefs via the context menu didn't load frrom the Panel.app . . . so, UNLESS I double-click on the executable. Actually the context menu option doesn't show anything happening (disk activity) and even after waiting for something to happen for a few minutes . . . still nothing happens! :-(
    Quote:

Kronos wrote: Before that panel files are copied to RAM:t which isn't really used and might go away later.
    Yes they do seem to be copied to "T:" but don't get deleted when the program exits
    Quote:

Kronos wrote: PanelPrefs calls back to "panel2.library" in PanelApp which at the moment has no safeguards, so closing PanelApp before PanelPrefs will make you crash and burn.
    Well after I used the context-menu Prefs option I didn't get anything happening, so I closed your Panel.app, and there was no crash, so it seems the executable for the Prefs may not even be loading so when the App is quit as it has not loaded the Prefs via the Context-menu it doesn't trigger any "crash"! :-?
    Quote:

Kronos wrote: I also kinda did locale without localization. At 1st I had just opened ambient's catalog which mostly worked but crashed when you set it to english as I hadn't included the buildin strings. Ambient has a metric s##tload of those which would have inflated binary size. [] So I wrote a LUA script that pulled just the used strings and placed them in the source code, at a later time I will simple parse through all the translation files to generate Panel specific ones (which could then be used by actual translators as a starting point for further support). [] Next step will be the rest of the prefs options, D&D for the listtree synced with the panel and maybe an attempt at an external class.
    Nice. I'll test this alpha a bit more in case I come across issues that I haven't already reported that I have come across. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »06.04.24 - 09:26