• Just looking around
    Quote:

Piru wrote:
    I found the culprit: It's me.

When I was implementing SBTC_ERRNOFUNCPTR/SBTC_HERRNOFUNCPTR in NetStack I managed to create a situation that can lead to memory corruption. The situation can easily occur when using libauto to manage bsdsocket.library (Applications opening and closing bsdsocket.library manually are typically not affected).

I've since remedied this mistake, and it will be released as part of the upcoming MorphOS 3.19 release. MorphOS 3.19 will include a new NetStack version that will correct the mistake, and will make any affected applications function correctly.

Since this flaw was introduced in MorphOS 3.14, as a workaround I would suggest replacing the SYS:Applications/RDesktop/RDesktop binary with one from MorphOS 3.13 ISO. This version of RDesktop predates the bug and thus doesn't have this memory corruption issue. MorphOS 3.13 version is older though and has some other flaws in it (for example issues with 24-bit cursors).

Apologies for the trouble.

Ah! No worry, you have a temporary solution for me and it's my goal:-) Thanks you for this precious information!
    I Will try this! Do you have the RDP client files alone to give me ? Because i don't have this ISO. Thanks you for all and your great work, MorphOS is a really mature system and i can't calculate the chance to have this for Amiga NG computing, congrats!
  • »16.05.23 - 20:50