• ASiegel
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I'm not sure where that failure to place a Quote or End-Quote was

Your original post has only two "quote" tags. One opening and one closing one.

If you remove the first, the layout problems will occur again. You are free to edit your post and test this yourself but it would be nice if you put the opening quote tag back after you are done testing.

Quote:

but does that really explain the text going 'mad'

Yes.

Quote:

All of which I cannot understand how a failure to place either an end or an opening quote mark would make such an effect on the comment

I have seen the code. I do understand exactly why it happens.

Quote:

surely would certainly not prevent me from typing a new topic into the forum to ask the questions and use the title that I have already typed in here.

This is an entirely different and unrelated issue.

Quote:

So, please will you explain why this error is generated, and in what circumstances it occurs, and are there (m)any other circumstances that this error might occur for it to trigger this problem to be generated while querying the database - and what data is in the database that caused it to not understand plain text - as in my topic title? :-? Thanks 8-D

I do know that we have received reports from users who failed to send private messages on MorphZone. Apparently, this can be caused by the use of "special" characters in the subject line of messages.

In your case, I would suspect that the use of quotes and periods in your post title could be to blame.
  • »27.02.23 - 08:18