• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ ASiegel, I appreciate you go to a lot of trouble with the forum, and lots of other MorphOS matters (usually behind the scenes) for which I can only guess and much appreciate your efforts, but I'm not sure where that failure to place a Quote or End-Quote was, but does that really explain the text going 'mad', in items 1-4 below, causing . . .

1. the text in this #1 forum thread originally having the issue with text over-running the thread text frame which was 'leaking' into the avatar/profile margin, and out into the right hand side of the main webpage frame,
    2. my 'signature' had no word wrap, (it's always been OK previously, and it's OK now, and no quotes in it anywhere?
    3. the 'bullet' in the footer of my initial/opening comment #1, had appeared from nowhere, no quotes nearby
    4. the second comment marker #2 that had "hopped" out of the margin in the second comment, has also strangely also seemingly been rectified/edited . . . and yet again, no quotes nearby!

All of which I cannot understand how a failure to place either an end or an opening quote mark would make such an effect on the comment . . . and . . . surely would certainly not prevent me from typing a new topic into the forum to ask the questions and use the title that I have already typed in here.

I've seen the effect of a missing quote/end-quote in some text input by members in the forum, and I would certainly not expect the text in the forum to go "doo-lally"/ mad, but that's what it did for me, and it certainly could not be responsible for failing to allow me to input a new 'Topic' in the forum, which still hasn't been explained, I refer to - Error No. 0022 ?

However , the error seems to cause some cyberweb 'spasm' that disallows me inputting the topic I have typed in this thread, but yet I cannot input it as a direct topic in the forum - and I did not use a quote or end-quote mark in any of my text I typed.

So, that still does not explain why I could not, and still cannot input the title into a new topic to create it? :-?

Nor does it explain why I get/got the Error 0022 message generated?

So, please will you explain why this error is generated, and in what circumstances it occurs, and are there (m)any other circumstances that this error might occur for it to trigger this problem to be generated while querying the database - and what data is in the database that caused it to not understand plain text - as in my topic title? :-? Thanks 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »26.02.23 - 12:54