• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ bearerofthetorch - I thought you had got some resolution, via your retailer - Amedia in France, to your X5000 hardware and trying to re-install the MorphOS installation that you had wiped inadvertently/accidentally, and by failing to follow the good advice passed to you by many MorphOS users in this M-Zone forum post/thread back in July 2022, but it seems you have now opened yet another thread, about this same problem you still have, as you have failed to work out how to fix your earlier re-formatting mistake and install MorphOS, which has many benefits over OS4.x, but which you seem ill-suited to implement to gain those benefits.

If you only want to play games on OS4.x then I wish you much fun doing just that, but spending so much money on an X5000 to do that seems wasteful to me, but there is not much else that OS4.x is seemingly aimed at of recent. Having a 2GB, or other large, RAM GFX card to play games on is nice to be able to boast about, but I would rather see my system hardware utilised for better purposes.

For me I would rather have a system that has some useful software available, including a fairly regularly updated OS, and other applications such as a modern web browser, and up-to-date email system, as well as a recently revived DeskTop Publishing program, PageStream v5.1.2, that is only available for MorphOS and Windows currently. As well as many other features and applications from the Amiga 68k software era that can be run seamlessly within MorphOS's system, under Trance emulation.

You are not going to "lose time with previous topics" - as you still haven't worked out how or why it happened in the first place . . . and it is now almost 5 months later than you initially asked for help in this forum.

I originally offered my help via a PM, but you never contacted me. Also, you have wasted the time of other members in this forum not taking the good advice that was offered to you by them, even though you are still in the same situation as before, and you don't seem to know how to get out of it, or may have not asked the retailer for their help to re-instate/fix the MorphOS installation.

You say you don't want MorphOS, but you seem to have spent a lot of time trying, in your own way/method, of trying to get it back working on your X5000, so you must realise you have lost something of value to you, which I would confirm that you have!

Many users on this forum have Apple/Macintosh based PPC hardware, which works out extremely economical to use, as some would not want to own the expensive X5000, or other initially intended OS4.x hardware systems, though some do.

I originally wanted to stay as an Amiga user using classic PPC/68k hardware with OS4.x, but prospects ended up extremely bleak (unnecessarily so by the OS4 developers IMHO), and so I decided to try MorphOS - and - I am oh so glad I did! 8-D

I would not swap MorphOS for OS4 or for any other exotic hardware . . . currently. ;-)

So, asking questions about the X5000 hardware and how to fix your problems, that you have caused, is going to be restricted to those MorphOS users who have some knowledge of the hardware you own, but having said that, you seem ill suited/incapable to be able to follow a detailed thread of instructions of how to fix it, even if someone gave you those detailed instructions in as simple a way as possible . . . as has already been stated in the previous thread I quoted above!

These are my thoughts and opinions of your situation, but you must decide if you value MorphOS enough to get it re-instated on your system. Many other users have it on their X5000 systems, so it obviously works. You just have to work out . . .

1. how to do it, or
    2. who to contact to install it for you if you are not competent enough to install it yourself

I would choose number 2, as, sadly, I don't think you are competent enough to do it yourself. :-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.11.22 - 23:27