• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> You may try to make your point without including false claims for once.

> The point was made and you have failed to rebut it.

No, I didn't fail to rebut your "point", simply because I never even attempted to rebut your "point". That's just some delusion in your head. What I tried to rebut and have been successful in rebuting are your two false claims in comment #11:

1. Users of A4000 equipped with a CSPPC, which has a UW SCSI controller, are restricted to "PIO0 PATA IDE access".
    2. "Cyberstorm [sic] being your fastest gfx option" with an A4000+CSPPC.

In comment #13 you then showed no reluctance to make a fool of yourself by contending that owners of A4000+CSPPC, which stopped being made decades ago, were somehow hindered from running MorphOS 3.x for PowerUP (if released) from a UW-SCSI-connected hard drive by such hard drives (or adapters) not being made anymore. It really takes one special kind of reasoning to come to such conclusion and missing the unintentional hilarity in it.
    Furthermore, you asked in comment #13 whether there were MorphOS drivers for hardware (G-Rex, Voodoo3) the MorphOS Team has just showcased recent MorphOS running on (as discussed early on in this thread and specifically told you in comment #12). This may be considered some kind of retarded humour at best.

> There is nothing on these old boards that you can't do with the old
    > MorphOS for Classic that you can do with 3.x, except things like Wayfarer
    > that this hardware is simply too old for.

Please take this up with Divinity and vox. They're the ones who asked for recent MorphOS to be released for PowerUP hardware. Contrary to what you seem to perceive, I didn't express my opinion on that in this thread.

> the Efika [...] is at least a stationary target [...]. Practically every
    > CPPC system was a Frankenstein monster of varying parts [...].

Please take this up with Kronos. He's the one who dragged the Efika into this thread for comparison means (and managed to make purely factual claims, btw). You should know my low opinion of the Efika as a desktop platform quite well. Contrary to what you seem to perceive, I didn't express my opinion on that in this thread.

> you still aren't going to get far with a 90s HDD even if it has a wide SCSI interface.

I used a 2000s PATA HDD connected via Acard AEC-7720UW on my A4000/CSPPC and it got me to 36 MB/s raw speed, which I think even MorphOS 3.x (i.e. the slim OS itself, and even most of its applications) would be fine with. There are numerous shortcomings with attempting to use PowerUP hardware for "Amiga" desktop computing today, but the storage interface (especially on CSPPC) is way down below on that list.

>>> Go ahead, run Wayfarer on your shitty 90s platform and see where you get.

>> I sold my A4000 with CSPPC (and Acard AEC-7720UW) back in 2005.
    >> My PowerMac G5 is from the same year and runs Wayfarer just fine.

> They're not even remotely comparable

Nobody claimed they were.

> you tried to compare a G5 (even running one CPU) to a CyberstormPPC.

I didn't. It's just your reading comprehension issues that make you think I did. In actual fact, I tried to clarify your fallacy that I wanted to run Wayfarer "on your shitty 90s platform". As I've not owned such platform for many years (and have no intention of changing that), there's simply no way for me to do what you suggest. My only way to run Wayfarer is on my G5, hence its mention.
  • »23.10.22 - 22:24