• vox
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    vox
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Quote:

vox wrote:
    compatibility would have been sacrificed and MorphOS "NG" would be more like AROS in a sense, meaning that PPC (including "X5000/40") would be kind of pointless in the sense it would offer *nothing* value adding compared to modern X64 or ARM solutions.

Some PPC32 emu or compatibility layer could be done, like PPC64 does. All PPC64 CPUs can execute 32 bit code while in 64 bit, to best of my knowledge.

I proudly host only AMD 64 beta video of MOS on YouTube, that I snatched from Twitter :)

No matter the technique I am glad my "farsight" is right, next MOS will be PPC64 also.
    Too bad I bought x1000 early and have no interest in slightly better mistake.

But I am glad for all x5000 owners out there. Plus I will insta buy AMD64 license,
    be it that my board is supported and nVIDIA gfx.

Tabor is also long time inn beta. Please support this as cheapest NG hardware, yes its kinnky CPU
    (Trevors knows how to get dem fi sure!)

Nemo support in Linux kernel, nice on kernel level but no distro supported tricky BAT CD Boot
    of x1000 so all install have to be done manually.

Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    k, I should have just said: this hardware is too old and nobody in the MorphOS team is going to bother with it any more.

Dear South Park Kenny, I beg to differ. Its original thang MOS started on, and flyed to this day.

So, having MOS 3.x on it is matter of pride more then proof of concept.
    What can one do with 603 and 64MB RAM, gfx card at best, is limited experience, but OS4 Classic users face the same. Good thing is it can be ran in UAE now :)

Linux:
    Also what about original Linux arch m68k and maybe limited 080 MMX NoMMU support?

[ Edited by vox 23.10.2022 - 08:13 ]
    ------------------------------------------
    iMac G5 1GB with MorphOS and MacOS X
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
    YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »23.10.22 - 05:29