• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Travis_H wrote:
    I had inserted the MorphOS live CD at initial boot, but it never showed up. The CD drive spun up and back down.

My fallback plan was to re-install the old (but working) hard drive and live to try another day, but even after that, the computer fails to boot.

Now I have a borked Macmini G4 with a MorphOS live CD stuck in the drive and no clue what to do next.

BTW. did you try to insert the CD on MorphOS with the old drive before you did anything else? That you are sure it's burned OK and working with the optical drive on that machine?

And about the stuck CD, if you still can access the Startup Manager menu (alt/option key), you can try to eject the CD there by pressing Eject (Mac kb) or F12 (PC kb) to eject it. Or another option is to boot with the left mouse button pressed and Mac should spit out the CD on boot then.

I think that I've had occasions where OF didn't recognize the CD, but it helped if I inserted it while booted into OS, let it spin up and get detected properly, and then reboot and go to the Alt-menu. Or eject the CD in the menu and re-insert it...

Optical drives are getting old on these machines and may start acting weirdly... or stop reading CD or DVD discs, but still work for the other. I think it's better to use USB sticks for booting nowadays...
  • »07.04.22 - 06:57
    Profile Visit Website