• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    OlafSch
    Quote:

discreetfx schrieb:
    It’s been a long time, it seems like hundreds or thousands of years. Any rough guess when MorphOS will be available on a new CPU architecture please? I heard it through the Grapevine that people are tired of waiting and going for Vampires. I’m ready to buy a new version of MorphOS when it’s ready.

[ Edited by discreetfx 13.03.2022 - 00:04 ]

I think there was a misuderstanding. I read similar from people who waited for Tabor and are now mainly investing in classic hardware (or already have, f.e. bought a Vampire).

It is not that Vampire (or generally 68k hardware) is the same as MorphOS on PPC (or Tabor) but these people are interested (or better were interested) in both classic and NG and now lost interest in NG because of no hardware or at least no new stuff. They spent the money they had now already in the platform that creates more interest at the moment because of improving hardware and OS and new software and that is classic.

Regarding people on classic only interested in free stuff that is simply not true, people buy new software. Of course most new software are games. That is what most current amiga users are interested in. Current active MorphOS users might there be exception and be interested to seriously use it as main system but that is only a minority. For the vast majority amiga stuff is only hobby and they use it next to the main system (running linux or Windows or Mac).

[ Editiert durch OlafSch 15.03.2022 - 10:16 ]
  • »15.03.22 - 09:13