• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I have an Android 7 phone and I can access it, but there are couple weird things to note.

- I have configured Android's USB access mode to "Copy files" (or whatever it is in English), but not as "Copy pictures (PTP)", but still it seems to be recognized under ptp.class on MorphOS/Poseidon... it gets mounted anyway, so I haven't inspected more.

- The phone mounts as a drive, which contains two directories, one for internal storage and another for the SD card, but for some reason these directories are empty if the phone was locked/blank when connecting. I'll have to unlock the phone and then connect the cable before it turns the display off.

- For some reasons the mounted drive doesn't show up in the Ambient desktop, but it's still accessible via My MorphOS, Shell, DOpus, etc. I'm not sure if I'd "put away" the drive icon from desktop myself for some weird reason or is this standard behaviour... should inspect sometime :)

But if you can't access the phone by physical means, maybe there are software/network based solutions to transfer files... one not-yet-available candidate is SimpleTransfer. I asked about MorphOS version from the author and I got a test version, which seems to work between my phone and MorphOS machine. Maybe more people could ask about it and give some pressure to make a public release ;)

EDIT: I also think that you need to have USB debugging mode turned on on the phone that it works with MorphOS. I tried to turn it off now and it didn't mount anymore (at least without rebooting or any deeper tests). Now it mounts again when I turned it back on. Hard to remember what steps I might have made originally to get it to work :)

[ Edited by jPV 13.02.2022 - 14:11 ]
  • »13.02.22 - 12:58
    Profile Visit Website