• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    1.) What kind of (bad) error I have which obviously changes the file system from SFS to FFS (at least it is now recognised as it) but on the other hand is not that heavy so that I can access files and drawers...

I don't think that kind of manual error is possible. If you change the filesystem for a partition without formatting it, next time your boot the system, the partition is in "NODOS" mode where you can't access any files. In this situation you may change the filesystem back to the original and original files will be accessible again, or format the partition to start using the new filesystem with an empty partition.

Here are the options that come in my mind:
    - You are looking for a wrong partition after all, are you sure it's your installed MorphOS partition that is shown as FFS (usually named as "System"). You're not looking at a boot image partition ("Boot", but maybe this wasn't needed on X5000?), you don't have any SD card or other installation media connected that could mix things? What do you see with the Tools/HDConfig program?
    - Your retailer had made a mistake and the partition has been formatted to FFS from the start. Most likely option?
    - There has been some memory corruption that has written in the wrong position on the disk and mixed partition info... I'd see this very unlikely option.

Quote:

2.) Should I give SFSDoctor a try after all?

I still don't think it's going to do anything good, but I guess it's no harm to check or scan the partition, but don't do any actions that would write on the disk before you are decided to format the partition as your next step.
  • »21.01.22 - 06:17
    Profile Visit Website