• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    1.) How long could/can it takes the system to validating the 8GB SSD partition?

I haven't tried to use FFS on next generation machines, but on 68k it was very slow with bigger partitions... like hours or a day :) Probably should be much faster on NG... but as it gave an error about validating, my guess is that it stops there and fails to validate at all.

Quote:

2.) Do I understand it correctly: I could use SDSDoctor?

No, SFSDoctor is only for SFS (SmartFileSystem) partitions. FFS (FastFileSystem) would need something else, but I think that we don't have anything MorphOS native for that. If you have OS4 installed on the same machine, and if it would have something for this, maybe it could be used? Or if that new Disk Doctor for AmigaOS 3.14/3.2 would work under MorphOS and our version of FFS would be compatible with it... do you want to be first to try? :)

Quote:

PS: Which tool can I use for backing up the system partition? There are no important applications I added so to me it would be sufficient to back up the preferences. That means: Simply copying the whole content of Prefs->Env-Archive?

Yeah, I guess ENVARC: could be enough for really plain system... but you also might have stuff in drawers in SYS: (like libs, fonts, c, classes, wbstartup...).

For backing up I'd use the Copy command in the Shell:
    Copy System:#? BackUp:Directory/ ALL CLONE QUIET

Or if you have soft links on the partition (MorphOS SDK has them, for example), then it would be better to use some link aware program like MirrorCopy.
  • »11.01.22 - 16:14
    Profile Visit Website