• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Puni wrote:
    Nice setup you had going there, jPV! :-) Do you have something similar up and running these days?

No, weather infos you can get from Internet nowadays is quite enough that I'd been bothering to setup anything locally anymore... I just use the Weather widget of RNOWidgets :)

Quote:

I will look into how a weather application can be made in Hollywood. Completely new territory for me, but one has to start somewhere. ;-)

I guess the most work goes for the communication with the server. You might be able to send requests and receive responses simply with the DownloadFile function, or if there's some issue with it, you might need to write a request function with the hURL plugin. I think requests and responses are made as JSON in this case and you can convert them easily from/to Hollywood tables with SerializeTable and DeserializeTable functions. So, you send a request to a server, get a response data in the JSON format, convert that data to a Hollywood table and then it's easy to process for anything you want.
  • »06.12.21 - 17:46
    Profile Visit Website