• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Puni
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

Puni wrote:
    This might be a stupid question, but could one in theory use Hollywood for this purpose?

Yes.

BTW. speaking about weather stations, I had my A1200 as a weather station in 90s :) I made sensors for AmigaTemp (sensors could be connected to joystick or parallel port) and wired one sensor out of the window of the house to measure outside temperatures (and had another sensor inside my towered A1200 to measure case temp). Then I shared that temperature information eveywhere with some ARexx scripts. I had local temperature info in the Workbench screenbar (custom text with DOpus Magellan2), I had scripts for AmIRC to write temp info to IRC channels (users could even request it by themselves), and I think I also put that info on the LCD display I had in a 5.25" bay of the tower case.

Nice setup you had going there, jPV! :-) Do you have something similar up and running these days?

I will look into how a weather application can be made in Hollywood. Completely new territory for me, but one has to start somewhere. ;-)
    Member of Void - An Amiga demo group (website)
  • »02.12.21 - 20:29
    Profile Visit Website