Kronos
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    I don't! Most user-SW on MOS is Amiga68K.

I'd say I haven't use much (any?) 68k since Scribble/FlowStudio matured to the point that I could retire GoldED

Quote:

Next: Whitch definitive hardware? It's not done to say let'go x64 or AMD64! Every PC and Notebook out there is different! On chip-level, there is no real "standart"! E.g. there are so many different peripherial-chips used - who writes the drivers for all of that under MOS? If there will be a plattformswitch, then only to some selected hardware - but never to those everday-PCs at you can buy in supermarkets......

There is no such thing as "x64 or AMD64", it is all AMD64 and has been for over a decade. As for drivers most stuff works in some sort of legacy mode, so worst case is something like running an USB3 port at USB2 speed and having to install an ancient GFX card.

Now I'm sure it is a bit more complicated like that, but not as bad as it was with older HW, like the 2001-2005 PPC-Macs we use today each requiring dedicated support in the boot.img just to get started.
  • »10.07.21 - 20:30