• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Acill wrote: I am moving back to MorphOS and am sick of OS4 now.

I've recently acquired a Sam440ep-flex, which is sadly not catered for with MorphOS compatibility, which would be great to have, seeing as the 460 model is compatible.

My point is, that my feelings for OS4, even with OS4.1 Final Edition Update 1+2 now installed, with update 2 that was approx. 4 years users had to wait for, are that I feel somewhat disappointed, for my own use and for the feel of its capabilities.

It's not like I'm a blue or red camp debunking/unfairly biased user, as in that regard, I feel sorry for those who bought it as their 1st choice OS, as it still has an apparent lack of OS development since OS3.9. So, OK it's got nice GFX card support, but to do what exactly with?

I also feel that you're tied to so many key setting set by the programmers with no options to modify those keys. Any that can be modified in some way in which they operate are usually tied to commodities that you have to activate, skinning themes are poor, and so many of the MorphOS benefits are absent, like thumbnails of icons, thumb re-sizeable images/icons in the requesters, no volume side bar, a poor overview of hardware in general, a 7 year old browser (OWB/Odyssey) that is falling way behind now, has not had, and is not likely to be capable of, an update.

For me, it's sad to see OS4 in this state, but great to have the benefits of MorphOS at my fingertips. Thanks guys !! 8-D

I could easily go on about the deficiencies of OS4x a lot more, and sorry for those users who stick with it and still think it is the 'best', but I am so glad I opted to migrate from Classic Amiga hardware to MorphOS, which IMHO has, by far, the better approach, and is not stifled it seems by its developers' mindset.

There seems to be a far more open approach, room for great new ideas and features with MorphOS in so many regards, to users suggestions and observations and improvements, that happen year in year out, often twice a year (not every 4 years from behind closed doors).

Welcome back Acill you surely won't regret it. 8-)

The new Chrysalis pack has now got better than ever before. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »28.12.20 - 06:03