• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Glad you are happy with the G5 Quad. I wish I could of at least met you to say Hi, but it seemed like things on my side were so busy that the time to do it would be next to impossible. I will get to meet you some day. My brother you met used to play some games on the Amiga, but he isn't like I am with the Amigas. :) Again, thanks! The sad thing is, I won't be able to use them until next year..... LOL! :P Least they are in a safe place...

Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Yesterday I met with the brother of Doffo and exchanged some of my Classic Amiga gear for his Quad G5 PowerMac with Radeon x1950 video card and MorphOS license. To test it as soon as I got home, I set it up using my 42 inch TV and was happy to see it boot up almost silently to a 24bit 1920 x 1080 Ambient screen. It only has the base MorphOS3.13 installation, so I'll need to install the software I want, but I think I will also try to set up a triple boot, with MacOSX 10.5.8, and one of the PPC Linux distros. Can anyone give me advice on the best way to do that, and recommend the best Linux distro that you prefer? Also, what is the best web browser to run while using Linux on this machine? I hope I can find my Final Cut Pro installation CD/DVD's. I'll try searching the forum threads here, and the official MorphOS website, for how to change the name on the MorphOS license key. I wonder if they have to send me a new key, or if I can edit it myself?

Thanks Doffo for making this trade happen, even though we had obstacles in meeting each other.

Edit: Is the Chrysalis Pack available for MorphOS3.13, and is it (mostly) bug free, or should I search and download only the software and games that I will actually use?
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »24.08.20 - 17:59
    Profile Visit Website