• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Amigadave, asiegel:

I was actually not fishing for gratulations, but just noting that distraction is a bitch, but one that you can master.

But thank you very much for the gratulations which I really appreciate since this exam was really a big thing for me.

Background story: The study I completed now was rather goal than interest driven. As a biologist (with all the bells and whistles) job opportunities are a bit complicated and I was pretty fed up with limited contracts, low wages and all of that (and with a familyI cannot easily move from A to B for a job) . Hence I decided to work as school teacher. That is possible, but it was very frustrating to deal with the authorities. They allowed me to work, but low wage (way less than a regular teacher, neglecting the fact that was teaching in universities for quite a while before), time limited contracts and so on just continued. There are ways to become a regular teacher even if you haven't done a Master of Education, but it all was rather complicated and frustrating and a collegue who went that route strongly discouraged me to pursue thar way (she said it broke her private life completely, loss of friends and her long year relation ship, burn out-ish symptoms).
    Hence, if they don't want me to let me in because of f*cking regulations, I just go the official route intended for youngsters: Do a master of Education. With all the stuff needed. And so after having tought students at university and pupil at schools I ended up myself as student again. It was quite a ride, sometimes nice, sometimes not so. But now I am finished with that. And while I was quite an exotic case at my university, I wasn't the only one with an unconventional approach. And I learned quite a bit during that study time. About Chemistry (in Germany a teacher needs _two_ sciences), but way more about life in general.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »24.09.20 - 09:56
    Profile Visit Website