• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

outlawal2 schrieb:
    OK I will jump in here as well.. Does anyone have a list of books for Hollywood? My Google-Fu is falling short and I am not finding anything useful.

Also, I am a bit fuzzy on Hollywood and LUA. What is LUA? I have a flight simulator program Eagle Dynamics Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) and I believe it uses LUA scripting pretty heavily.

Is LUA scripting and Hollywood related?

Sorry if these are silly questions but I have literally ZERO knowledge regarding either of these disciplines and like AmigaDave I am interested as well.

[ Edited by outlawal2 09.09.2020 - 13:28 ]

There are no particular books for Hollywood programming except the manual of Hollywood. plus a few web resources, one here on morphzone library (written by jPV).
    Hollywood is a Lua 5.0.2 derivate. I bought myself a copy "programming in Lua" (3rd edition) by Roberto Ierusalimschy (this book is kind of the Lua equivalent to "the C++ programming language" by Bjarne Stroustrup) which is useful for advanced knowledge in Hollywood/Lua. But it's not needed.
    Actually for a Hollywood starter no book except the manual + demo programs is needed. The manual is pretty good the examples sometimes a bit tight, but a very powerful and useful resource.
    The only things needed are time and motivation.

[ Editiert durch Zylesea 10.09.2020 - 00:06 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »09.09.20 - 22:00
    Profile Visit Website