• esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    Hey guys,

First off, FYI, it's now possible to natively boot OS9 on previously unsupported hardware. I have a mac mini 1.5ghz g4 silent upgrade booting OSX 10.5.8, OS9, and MorphOS :)

The OS9 speed is really great. It's a polished OS. Even though this is a MorphOS forum, I suspect some people may be interested to learn this.

Anyway, I find that when I boot into OS9, on the next reboot, the early boot menu no longer recognizes MorphOS as a bootable volume. I have to use the MorphOS cd-rom every time to "re-bless" the MorphOS bootinfo.txt or whatever it is.

So, I guess I have a few questions:

1. Anyone know why this is happening?
    2. Any way to prevent this from happening?
    3. Is there an OSX tool I can use to re-bless MorphOS? The manpage for 'bless' has been helpful but the language of the manpage suggests it's used to select the boot image for the /current/ OS. I could be wrong, but the language of it seemed destructive and rather scary. :P
    4. Could I just add a MorphOS boot volume to a standalone CD that points at the actual on-disk volume? Booting the MorphOS live CD just to rebless something takes quite a bit of time.

Thanks!
  • »29.05.20 - 22:00